- It is important to focus on onboarding because it is the biggest driver for retention, and good retention drives advocacy and acquisition.
- You should optimize the key action a users takes to reach a meaningful experience and the designated frequency the user will take that action.
Example : how Pinterest measures retention?
Key actions: saving pins
Offline analog: magazines
Designated frequency: Monthly (at first)
- Creating the habit – work backwards to the “Aha moment” and the “setup moment”
- Who works on onboarding – a crossfunctional team
- How do you improve the onboarding? people (users) and metrics